20 April 2010

...And then, no more light.

I feel like I should be reading this book by oil lamp light and underlining words with a feather dipped in ink. Having read thru the beginning, I am reminded of the days following hurricanes in southeast Alabama. I remember it being real hot due to the instant lack of air conditioning. We would grill a lot of food so that it wouldn't go to waste. Candles were everywhere. I also remember my family spending quality time together during those few days without electricity. We played board games and talked. There was no constant droning of the television. Time was spent outside until the last light of the day gave way to a new darkness. A darkness that causes the stars to shine all the more. Maybe life is much more memorable the simpler it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment