07 April 2010

"Time to light the fires and kick the tires."

Today I will be issuing my rule for the group. It is simple. Each time that I am too choose the book in our rotation, I will give two options. Each member has 24 hours to vote for their choice. There will be five votes; so no worry of a tie. You will vote by responding to the post. This is democratic and saves me for dreaded decision making. Choices are below:

1. See You in a Hundred Years...Logan Ward

2. In a Sunburned Country...Bill Bryson (This book would fulfill part of fbw's rule for this rotation.)

In 24 hours the book will be chosen. At this point members need to secure a copy.

cwb

6 comments:

  1. I cast my vote for Bryson's "In a Sunburned Country."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count 1 vote for Ward's "See You in a Hundred Years."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I had already posted this but I do not see it. I cast my vote for "See You in a Hundred Years."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Aussie shampoo. My vote, however, is for "See You in a Hundred Years."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Logan Ward it is. Sorry young Master Frank...maybe next time. Time to get your copy and dive in. The book is pretty light so I don't think there is much need of deadlines. I anticipate great discussion.

    cwb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally broke ground on the book last night and was able to make it about thirty pages in before putting it down for the night. I have to say that so far I have been impressed. I find myself supplanting my subconscious thought into the story as if I am the one actually living the experience. While reading last night I seemed to find myself secretly slipping out of the present and back into the early twentieth century only to be awakened by a new youtube video Leigh has been wanting to show me. We seem so far removed that time a little over a hundred years ago that I wonder if my great grandfather would even understand me if I told him of what my average day consists. Moreso, it makes me wonder if this will be the same case for my great grandchildren. I am anxious to continue the read and hopefully will be more insightful in future comments but I have to say that just based on the first thirty pages there is already a growing admiration for the author.

    ReplyDelete